Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why the name GlamRockChic?

GlamRockChic is edgy glamour with classic chic.

It's a combination of modern and classic silhouettes, interesting colour schemes and textures, and most importantly, high heels without being too over the top.

I would admit some people struggle with this name. Even in Portugal, certain people could not seem to say it right. But it's the most accurate way to tell the world this is what my designs stand for. When I look at all my drawings - some are chic, some are femininely glamorous and some are edgy rock glam. So what came to mind was : glam, chic and rock. Calling it chicglamrock sounded weird, and so was rockglamchic. Finally I settled for GlamRockChic and it felt just right. Glamrock is coming back in style big time, thanks to Adam Lambert and Bill Kaulitz (yummy) and ending it with the word 'chic' makes the 'glamrock' seemed more accessible, more subtle and feminine, vs the usual concept brings to mind dark, studs, spikes and patent.

Bill Kaulitz (Source : thelocal.de)

Hence, this was how I created the name GlamRockChic for my shoe label.


No comments: