Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flower Power insipiration

Dior Couture Fall 2012. Pic from Designspiration & The Gloss


I can't resist blooming images. I love flowers A LOT. So crazy that I once went a course hoping to learn the craft of floral arrangement so that I could open a florist shop. It would have been a quaint one, with many many blooms tastefully placed in the shop. When I saw these images, I died. 

Unfortunately, the flower arrangement course made me realise that I suck at arranging flowers and so my dreams of becoming a florist wilted almost overnight. But thankfully, I could design shoes!

Been wanting to design floral themed shoes but after running some drawings through my team in China, it was a no go. Too many details. Which means a lot of man hours. Which means high costs. Which means more expensive retail price. Since I am not Charlotte Olympia and don' draw that type of crowd yet, I guess I will have to contend with these amazing images for now.

Life is difficult but we should always always stop to smell the roses and appreciate what nature has given us.
 

No comments: