Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Goodbye to my Heart & Soul

Every GlamRockChic shoe is a baby of mine.
I have seen them from a piece of sketch to prototype to finished product.
A lot of me (sweat, blood and tears, many tears) go into each shoe, so I always try my best to keep each of them properly.

But sometimes, you can't always wipe down your shoes or restuff the tissues into them to maintain their shape. Kudos to you who have that time to do so, I don't. Maybe if I spent RM5000 on a pair of shoe, I would make that time....but that will never happen anyway.

The most I do is not to drive in them. I drive in my slippers that's always in my car.

Today, it's time to say good bye to my first pair of Heart & Soul. It was a sample made for me at the beginning of my work relationship with my factory, to test the overall feel and quality of the shoe. It's been with me for over 2 years and I've worn it everywhere and very ferociously as well, with the intention of testing it's durability. Even to China for an outpost promotion with Parkson, where I stood (yes, for real) from 9.30am to 9.45pm in them. As comfortable as they are, when you actually stand for such a long period of time, it affects the calf muscles as well as the tension spots, like the ball of the foot. So ladies, don't stand at one spot in a high heel for such a long period of time. I only do that because I was selling my heels! I couldn't wear flats as I didn't design any back then.

This is how it looks like after 2 years of ferocious wear. Not too bad I must say except that the PU leather at the front has started to flake and untuck itself from under the platform. My fault for not moisturising the gold PU part. But the sheepskin lining is still in perfect condition, which is why I LOVE using leather. Sorry PETA, I really do love animals.


Very little dings at the back of the heel. I've always been very clumsy and more likely scrap the back of my heel on stairs than any girl I know, so with such minimal scraps on the red heel, it was good. I am starting to be more ladylike, maybe. Perhaps not driving in them as well as playing footsie with the chair's legs helped.

Sorry about the white marks/scratches on the red heel if you get them but when it's PU leather with white cloth backing, it usually happens, you just have to be a bit careful. I will not be wrapping my heel in PU leather anymore! 
Goodbye my friend. You have served me well.
In the case of the wise partner's saying "You've ROI-ed them enough. Time to chuck".

ROI-ed (achieved sufficient return on investment in terms of getting enough wear out of them, enough compliments, enough admiration, self gratification to match up to what you paid for)

Please don't quote me in business class.

No comments: